Guided Ultrasonic Testing
Wavemaker Pipe Screening System
The STANLEY Inspection Wavemaker Pipe Screening System is a guided ultrasonic testing system designed for rapid screening of long lengths of external or internal pipe corrosion as well as axial and circumferential cracking. Wavemaker can be used on a wide variety of pipes including those that are buried or insulated. Hundreds of meters of pipe can be inspected in one day and 100% of the pipe wall is inspected during the test. Wavemaker testing can be done while a plant is in operation with minimal disruption.
Wavemaker uses a new two-ring probe array proven to be highly effective in detecting corrosion while also reducing equipment costs. These probe arrays can be attached to the pipe in less than one minute.
The Wavemaker system allows rapid full-coverage pipe screening, delivering cost-effective inspection in difficult-access locations. With the ability to detect cracks and general metal loss, Wavemaker is ideal for a number of applications including:
- Detection and positioning of corrosion under insulated pipes without removing lagging other than for probe application
- Screening of inaccessible areas such as sleeved road crossings and wall penetrations
- Screening of onshore and offshore pipework, even in tightly packed racks
- Riser inspection
Permanently Installed Monitoring System (PIMS)
STANLEY Inspection's Permanently Installed Monitoring System (PIMS) is an innovative pipeline inspection and monitoring system that uses guided ultrasonic waves to screen for corrosion, circumferential cracking, and general loss of cross-sectional wall thickness. PIMS inspects 100% of the pipe wall with a range of dual-directional guided waves that are equally sensitive to internal and external defects. PIMS offers an array of advantages:
- Completely non-intrusive with no effect on production
- Large sections of pipe can be inspected from a single test location
- Can inspect un-piggable or inaccessible pipeline sections
- Fixed units can be retrofitted to in-service pipelines
- Mobile units can be deployed quickly to high-risk areas by WROV
- Real-time analysis of data and permanent records
A cost-effective method of monitoring areas which are difficult to access, PIMS can be installed on any pipe, but is particularly useful in areas where future access will be difficult:
- Buried pipe
- Pipe in ducts under roads/rail lines
- Subsea applications prior to installation
- Pipes that will be in contaminated areas
PIMS has revolutionized the external screening of subsea pipelines, jumpers, risers, and manifold pipework while delivering critical insight into internal conditions, facilitating focused complementary inspections, and enabling confident integrity management.